Share | 

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Glad to hear you like it, do let me know if there's any way I could make it even better Smile

I'm fairly happy to pay a small amount of cash to play online, at the moment its mostly an issue of downloading the client on the crappy internet in this corner of the world Razz

It is irritating that paper copies of cards don't translate into online copies, it'd be nice if you could type in the barcodes from the booster packs to get the cards online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:25 pm

@cuzziekilla lol! gotta love them lovable, sadistic, homicidal, blood pouring from every orifice forest folk. lol!

@WinterWolf cheers bounce cheers Hey Paul nice to see you've found the other side of the world with me. Pretty good people with a few that sure know how to manipulate the softwares a fine fair bit. Rincewind's program is certianly pure great utility for Heirloom

@Rincewind I'm guessing you have a total monthly No (or weekly?) No download cap or something? confused Does NZ use satellite for internet connection? affraid

alien X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akuri_Mitsu
Santa's favourite recipient

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Nah we's got fibre to the door XD
Hahaha still nothing on u guys XD
And yeah happy tree friends own
They so cute and deadly!!!

Kendal
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:12 am

I dont think we have fibre to the door yet. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:14 am

Andy, we don't have fibre to the door, unless you mean the sort of fibre you find in your breakfast cereal Wink

Yeah, I have a monthly cap. Used most of it earlier this month pale but it oughta reset in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:27 am

yeah ive used all mine...fallout 3 and juiced and burnout legends....which all didnt work...William i need some more games please XD
Btw u got a working fallout iso?
I love that game so...

Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:02 am

I don't have Fallout. If I did have Fallout, it'd buy it off Steam, because stuff by Bethesda is usually worth the price.

I did get some games off a dude at UCOL that will probably work on your PC though Wink

~~~
EDIT: Also, does anyone have a text file containing all the names of every card in MtG?
If I had one of them, then I could start work on making the App search through every magic card there is.

Also, once I get some of these exams and assignments out of the way, you can expect the ability to search based on rules text and so on.

I'm thinking of maybe defining some presets like "removal", which will search for cards containing the word "creature" and at least one of "destroy", "remove" "-X/-X" and so on. I think it might work better than the usual sort of card search.
Back to top Go down
WinterWolf

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:23 am

@Rince no I don't but I can point you in the direction of mtgforge who may just yet have done so. I was helping them beta test for a long time before I got back on Modo myself so I can tell you the ap isn't perfect but it does have an extensive list.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=52455f7faa61a89f31054a25093c3a0f

here is the link to their forums. Id just go ahead and ask if anyone there has a comprehensive list.

@Xaos, I am quite familiar with our long distance neighbors in the south east having once been a regular of #mtgwacky where all sorts of world travelers visited. In fact one of my ex-teammates is a kiwi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WinterWolf

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:25 am

Rincewind wrote:

Yeah, I have a monthly cap. Used most of it earlier this month pale but it oughta reset in the near future.

You could try calling WotC Customer Service and asking them to send you an install disc. Might take some time but would save you the effort and headache of downloading it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:48 am

Rince, Btw im on that thing max was talking about, the magic thing? lackey? its awesome, already transferred 2 of my decks, really cool i like it, takes alot of gettin used to...and i mean aLOT!!!

And also at rince
GIMME GIMME GIMME!!

The Eye
Maximum Madness / Foil Grabbing Maniac

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:31 am

Had my first game on Lackey - 4-player EDH. Got mana screwed, but totally awesome!

View user profile
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:05 am

had ma first 4 games, won 2, last 2 haha kiln fiend deck and merfolk on there Smile
want a game max?

The Eye

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:39 am

Sure. I'm online as Oculus.

View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:44 am

@ WinterWolf Razz I didnt mean any Kiwis I meant these very specific Kiwis lol. Not like they all like in the same hay covered shack or something Razz

alien X-

rendeer (Quite aware NZ is an advanced, modern nation lol) rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akuri_Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:48 am

U be dissing my rock Xaos??

Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Cuzziekilla,

I would never diss your "rock" lol!

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:12 am

Hey everyone,

We had 19 players for this week's event and things went very smoothly with no drops due to time contraints with the long slog of five rounds to overcome,

*Edit A link to like 14 of the decklists is Here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75846/25877457/Heirloom_MTGO_Weekly_Saturday_Free_PREs_Tix_Prizes

The standings were:

1st negative_optimist 5-0
---------Won 6 tix, 2 foils and a pack of Scars of Mirrodin that was donated by *HG-Thuh-Nagarjuna*

2nd moromete 4-1
---------Won 4 tix and 2 foils

3rd HornedFish 4-1
---------Won 2 tix and 2 foils

4th jam33 4-1
---------Won 2 tix and 2 foils

The rest of the players were awarded the participation award, this week it was 2 foil and 1 tix for each person after the top four.

5th plateddragon 3-2

6th mrjebus27 3-2 *HG-Don't-Mess-with-the-Jebus*

7th OMC11 3-2

8th Mr Slippery 39 3-2 *HG-The-Slippery-B.I.G.*

9th lozarian 3-2

10th Bliven731 2-3

11th Nagarjuna 2-3 *HG-Thuh-Nagarjuna*

12th ChrisMH77 2-3

13th feastoftheunicorn 2-3

14th jeremy812 2-3

15th HoffeFin 1-4 *HG-Hoffe-the-Fin*

16th Naproxen 1-4

17th RedMan929 1-4

18th varcoldf 1-4 *Varchild-Cold-Fury*

19th ArcherDarks 0-1 (Drop)

Great event, looks like tribal caught a lot of people flat-footed this go around, I'm interested to see how the meta shift next week to adjust.

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:12 am

Hey guys,

My next Heirloom article is up, lots of video and decklists and graphics and such and such and such, check it out, leave a comment, enjoy!

http://puremtgo.com/articles/heirloom-beware-pestermites

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:58 am

Looks good Smile

Some cool decks out there!

Working on downloading the MTGO client atm.

EDIT: I now have the installer, if anyone else wants it, I can bring it to the next Gathering @ the library.
Back to top Go down
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 am

Hey Rincewind,

Ya people bring a lot of innovation to the events, I am endlessly entertained by what they come up with. My current deck (which I foiled out for about 6 tix(about $6 US) minus the relatively expensive full art Zen basic lands that are about half a tix each Suspect ) is a variation on my archmage affinity deck that dips a bit into black for a skeleton shard, thopter foundry, glaze fiend, the blue black borderpost and better creature removal SB options. So far I'm pretty happy with it, though it's foil graphics on full sort of lag out my computer. Evil or Very Mad

Looking forward to meeting you in live chat on MTGO sometime in the future. cyclops Twisted Evil Razz bounce jocolor

alien X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:30 am

Thuh-Nagarjuna just put together a webpage with forums and other content for the Heirloom community,

Go check it out and say hello!

http://mtgoheirloom.webs.com/

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 am

These are the results for today's event. It went really well with 18 participants. We were able to finish in 4 rounds with only one undefeated player.

grats Olaw.

A lot of the players were kind enough to post their decklists Here http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75846/25877457/Heirloom_MTGO_Weekly_Saturday_Free_PREs_Tix_Prizes?pg=11

1 olaw
2 frog_master
3 jacksweeney000
4 jeremy812
5 jmtest
6 Nagarjuna
7 victorBike
8 AJ_Impy
9 ChrisMH77
10 totalhate
11 Aryxon
12 Winter.Wolf
13 SilentJ
14 RedMan929
15 mrjebus27
16 tiny70
17 negative_optimist
18 Naproxen

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 am

A whole slew of Scars of Mirrodin Scards have been officially added to the Heirloom Legal Card List.

All these cards will be legal for the PRE on Saturday the 30th of October.

http://puremtgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2008&sid=97d968ae7c2abe6caa7f4358ea896515

Should be interesting to see if anything from SOM shakes up the next event.

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 am

Added to the legal cardslist.
Back to top Go down
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:35 am

Awesome, cheers

You're a good man Rince, for certain. I'll make an announcement once you have it up and running so everyone knows your program is fully up to date. Razz

alien X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   

Back to top Go down

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next