Share | 

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Akuri_Mitsu
Santa's favourite recipient
Santa's favourite recipient

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:37 am

YAH I WANNA JOIN!

Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:48 am

Its been updated. The program will also prod users to update their cards list.

The next version of the app will automatically update the cardslist. It seems a bit useless asking the user a question, when there's no reason why they'd want to stick with the old cardlist Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:58 am

Rince,

Brilliant, tx a lot man I'll go ahead then and inform the people.

And ya Automatic updating seems reasonable enough.

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 am

When you get a chance, (no rush) the most recent amendment seems to be missing from the list Opal Guardian(not a scars addition) was added a little while ago to the main list, seems to be the only thing missing.

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rincewind
Forum Wizzard
Forum Wizzard

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 am

Ah, didn't know you'd tweaked the main list, all I did was copy/paste the Scars ones into the file.

Is there any more cards you added to the main list, or is that the only one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ashhurstmtg.rpgwars.org
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:48 am

Just that one, it was added to the list after you initial creation of the app, all the others were before that one and so got captured by your copy/paste the first go around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:30 am

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about starting an Heirloom Sealed League. The working title is "League: Heirloom Parallel Universe" (Since Heirloom is like a cheap parallel universe to expensive MTG)

I wanted to do classic for season one since I just think it's a lot of fun to throw all those cards together into one limited environment, because it will test people's limited skills to the max since thinking about all of magic's mechanics and choosing the best options from a limited pool has got to be one of the biggest mtg skill testers I can think of.

Also it's going to be way harder for me to parse the list to various formats like standard and extended or for X 3 sets or whatever and time being an issue for me atm that's just a work diminisher for me, though block would be very easy as well since I have the SOM list separate atm.

This league will not displace the scheduled Heirloom classic constructed events taking place each weekend.

League games will be played throughout the week as people are able to find opponents. I'm thinking of one month seasons with winners being announced by total wins with max rounds per opponent of 1 per week. Once someone applies to the league I will generate a sealed pool of six packs of Heirloom classic cards with 6 rares/mythics 18 uncommons and 60 commons. (for generating decklists mythics will be considered rares and lopped in with all the rares and since there are less than 20 mythics and more than 1000 rares that makes the chances of getting an expensive pool fairly low) People will be responsible for finding whatever cards they need to build their deck but will not be responsible for having all the cards in their pool. Obviously one would want to buy all the card needed to make the best deck from their pool with the best sideboard options in order to do well. I'll award weekly prizes to participants and a season final bonus.

Anyhow let me know how interested you are in the league and any thoughts you have on running it so I can take full advantage of the community's insight and gauge the demand for the Heirloom Limited format.

post comments here please

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75846/26141741/MTGO_Sealed_Ongoing_League:_Heirloom_Parallel_Universe

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:15 pm

A developed tool by Naproxen,

Not all functions work yet but here is a browser Heirloom card searcher and image displayer. eventually hopefully the upload from MTGO files function will work quickly to verify deck legality as quick as ever.

http://jpdefault.comuv.com/heirloom/

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:27 am

The next Heirloom article is up "Heirloom: The Glare of Our-Lord-Erman" which features the 6th Heirloom PRE, announces the winner of the weeklyish Heirloom media contest, a new Heirloom Godfather, "The Bad Ladies of Heirloom", videos, decklists, commentary on and on and on, check it out and give a shout-out to all the other Heirloom players out there!

http://puremtgo.com/articles/heirloom-glare-our-lord-erman

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 am

New Scards are legal this week, some pretty cool ones at that,

Copperhorn Scout
Nihil Spellbomb
Sylvok Lifestaff

Throne of Geth

Asceticism
Darksteel Juggernaut
Ezuri's Brigade
Kemba, Kha Regent
Kuldotha Phoenix
Livewire Lash
Semblance Anvil
Steel Hellkite

Liege of the Tangle

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Eye
Maximum Madness / Foil Grabbing Maniac

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 am

Just out of curiosity, are all set lists this small?

View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 am

@ TheEye

No no, this is just a minor revision, and the second for SOM so this list only includes cards that became cheap enough for Heirloom in a week's time in the set of SOM.

Next week will be one more minor revision then the week after the entire list will be revised in the first Major revision (and that list will weigh in at a world record breaking 7000+ unique cards for all of MTGO sets) .

The full list is Here http://puremtgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2008&sid=10c2228d4b4466ac1ab0c3e80bf042c0

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Eye

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Ah, do you base your lists on availability rather than power?

View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:04 pm

In a way yes,

Whenever the list is revised it's based on the secondary market value of cards as listed for sale by Mtgotraders.com. commons are max 5 cents uncommons 10 rares 20 and mythics 1 dollar. This ensures very cheap decks but also happens to include plenty of very powerful magic cards to be used and abused. (since price is generally a function of supply vs demand on MTGO price = availability to most extent)

(for exhausting detail about how the nuances of the list work read the preface to the list, its excessively detailed)

Very Happy X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:43 pm

http://puremtgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2008&p=7552&sid=a1d96a2442b03f8fff62d4b0d686a19a#p7552

The Heirloom Legal Card List has been updated, this list will apply to next week's event. If it's not on the list, it's no longer Heirloom legal at Heirloom events!

For your convenience before the full list are lists of what was made legal and what was banned for the most part

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaoslegend

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:01 am

My next puremtgo article is finally up, I talk about week one of the sealed league and the season finals of the constructed events =) http://puremtgo.com/articles/parallel-universe-season-zero-finals

X-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday   Today at 2:59 pm

Back to top Go down

MTGO Heirloom Free PRE Every Sunday or Saturday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4